Dyskusje www.japonia.org.pl

Kultura, sztuka i historia Japonii.
Teraz jest środa, 1 kwietnia 2020, 16:45

Strefa czasowa: UTC + 1

Autor Wiadomość
PostNapisane: wtorek, 22 maja 2007, 16:09 

I think it's a good idea to have a discussion thread here in the english section. It's obvious you can easily find articles on Japan on foreign websites so I encourage everyone to exchange their opinions or ideas. Any links to articles are welcomed as long as they improve the discussion - just don't post news in here, we have separate thread for that.

Recently I found this article on Yahoo.com
"Little sympathy for rape victims in Japan"
A man molests a young woman sitting next to him on a Japanese train, drags her to a restroom and rapes her while she sobs. Some 40 fellow passengers fail to intervene.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070515/hl_nm/japan_rape_dc

Honestly, I was shocked after reading this text. Untill now I had no idea that women's situation in area of sexual abuse is so dramatic. We all probably heard about cases of molesting girls on the train/subway, but raping one practically in front of 40 people is just beyond my imagination.
What's more it turns out that rape victims are treated almost like nothing had happened - especially when it goes for women working as hostesses.
Although sentence for rape was raised to minimum 3 years in 2005 it is still less than sentence for robbery which is 5 years. The other thing that suprised me in the text was the information that women sexually abused by their husbads can count legal help only since 2004. Is this still the same highly-developed, low crime and democratic country I'm so interested in?

noel

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: wtorek, 29 maja 2007, 17:34 

I'm back with another hot issue
Homeless sleep in Japan Internet cafes
It's almost midnight as Ryo settles into a reclining chair for the night, a can of tea and a pack of cigarettes at his side, a construction job awaiting him in the morning. (...) Though there are no reliable numbers, experts warn a growing number of younger Japanese are sleeping in cheap Net cafes like Ichigo, where Ryo, who is 30, spends five nights a week. He stays with a friend on weekends. The rising number of people like Ryo, known as "Internet cafe refugees," has raised enough concern that the Health Ministry is preparing to study the 1,300 Internet cafes nationwide.
Read HERE

noel ;)

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: niedziela, 3 czerwca 2007, 08:47 

This is a very interesting article I've found on the web:

"Bonking for beauty a myth or reality?"
Women's magazines often run specials about whether sex makes you beautiful. Sales of these editions apparently skyrocket. But on the other side of that story, there's a schoolgirl who had sex with every Tom, Dick and Harry and is now worse off because of it

http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/national/ ... 7000c.html

Enjoy reading it:)

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: niedziela, 3 czerwca 2007, 16:37 

After reading the article I just didn't know whether to cry or laugh. Magazines will write almost everything to increase their sales rate but do people really believe in this stuff? Turns out they do.

noel ;)

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: czwartek, 7 czerwca 2007, 09:34 

Suicides top 30,000 for 9th year in a row

The number of people who committed suicide in 2006 slightly declined from the previous year, but topped 30,000 for the ninth year in a row, National Police Agency (NPA) data released on Thursday has shown.

As we all probably know, the number of people who commit suicide in Japan, is one of the largest in the world.
Here you can read more about it, with classification for 2006.
Very good but short article, showing that it is a very big problem.
And I've found out that the number of suicides commited by 19 (and younger) year old people isn't as big as I thought before.

http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/national/ ... 5000c.html

Government reveals latest attempt to curb suicide rate
Japanese government tries to reduce number of people commiting suicide.

The measures are designed to combat the most common causes of suicides, such as losing employment, bankruptcy, debts, long working hours and so on.

http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/national/ ... 9000c.html

And here you can read about Japanese fertility:

Japan's fertility rate marks 1st rise in 6 years while suicides fall
Japan's fertility rate rose last year for the first time in six years in 2006, while the number of suicides fell below the 30,000-case mark for the first time in four, the government said Wednesday.

Read more : http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/national/ ... 4000c.html

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: sobota, 9 czerwca 2007, 09:52 

Norek napisał(a):
Suicides top 30,000 for 9th year in a row

The number of people who committed suicide in 2006 slightly declined from the previous year, but topped 30,000 for the ninth year in a row, National Police Agency (NPA) data released on Thursday has shown.

Japan takes action over suicides

The government in Tokyo said it is the first time a comprehensive plan has been agreed to try to reduce the number of people who kill themselves.

GOVERNMENT AIMS

*Cut suicides by 20% before 2016
*Boost workplace counselling
*Filter websites promoting suicide
*Tackle unemployment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6734157.stm

So ambitious plans...I am a bit shocked by a fact that "it is the first time a comprehensive plan has been agreed to try to reduce the number of people who kill themselves."
It is a long-term process. Will it withstand another governments?

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: niedziela, 17 czerwca 2007, 12:16 

I'll provide you with another interesting article:

Flopping again! Japanese trail the world in sex once more

When it comes to the number of times people have sex each year, the Greeks, the gods of love, come out first with 164, followed by the Brazilians with 145 and the Poles and Russians tied for third place at 143. The global average was 103 times, but the Japanese notched up only a dismal average of 48. Sure, some may argue that sex is not about quantity but quality and I should be talking about sexual satisfaction.

Now I know why birth-rate is on such a low level in Japan...

And here you can read something about divorces:

Divorce rate rises following new split pension rule

The number of divorces increased over a one-year period up to April this year, possibly due to the implementation of a new system under which pension benefits are split between divorced husbands and wives, it has emerged.

A total of 259,064 couples divorced between May 2006 and April this year, 1,349 more than in the April 2006-March 2007 period, according to the Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry.

Strefa czasowa: UTC + 1